Tuesday, October 10, 2017

It's Fall


So September is gone, and hockey season is back in our front rooms.  Another fall, another page turned in the passing of time.  Its the first time I recall being glad that summer is over. It was long, hot and too dry.  Others might find this wonderful, but our garden and pond really suffered.  It's the first year we really worried about loosing our big koi in the pond do to evaporation of the water.  Luckily some rain came just in time, and some cooler temperatures as well.   This weekend I was able to check out what's left of the garden.    On the veggie front, we have brussellsprouts coming along in good shape,

 
  Runner Beans still producing
 
And I pulled my first onion this weekend!
  In the flower garden, we have the usual fall performers: 
  Yellow Rudbeckia

                               
                  Purple Monkshood                 
                      
Autumn-Joy Sedum

Barberry








No comments: