I’m sure you’ve heard of the man
cave—that sacred male sanctuary,void of feminine touch, marked by the scent of undisciplined manhood and cigarette smoke. It's sometimes called manland. Chris has one so he can do as he pleases without fear of upsetting me. He even has a TV in his cave. Typically I avoid the cave, at least until this summer. We usually have the cave wide open in summer with a glass-table bar and umbrella in front, which makes it a little more bearable for me and for guests on the patio, but this year Chris went for a different look and I am liking it. He closed the front in with cedar, left an open window space, and set in a bar shelf.
I really like the look of the cedar against the patio, and I also like sitting on the inside, looking out into the patio garden.
I wonder what he will think of to do with the cave next year. If he leaves it as is - I may paint it. Oh no - I couldn't do that. It's is man-space, after all.
No comments:
Post a Comment