Crocuses are among the hardiest of plants that grow from bulbs. These small, colorful flowers are often the
first to bloom in spring, but this year, they are all out full force and spring is still a month away. A wander around the garden this morning brought a smile to my face when I saw so many little flowers awake like these snow white crocuses.
And take a look at these purple crocuses. Can you spot the bee inside the one on the left? My goodness, that little bee is out far too early. It's still winter, despite the warm sunny days we have had lately.
A new addition to the driveway garden are these precious little cowslips. I just love them. I first saw them in the fields outside of London a few years ago and fell in love with the little flower. I have 3 or 4 of them and they are just so sweet and yet hardy.
Of course the daffodils and narcissus are all up with buds waiting to burst in a few weeks, and the periwinkle in our woodland garden is blooming as well. I love periwinkle.



No comments:
Post a Comment