Sunday, March 1, 2015

Rhodo Finds a New Home

We inherited this Rhododendrum when we bought the property,  It has just been in the wrong place all these years, and now the next project is to create some lattice screening off the front patio and grow some more vines.  (Did I mention that this is going to be the year of the vine?).
Since Chris wants to get started on the project, we agreed the rhodo had to go because it was just too big and out of place. With a little help from a rope and Chris's truck, we were able to loosen it enough to dig it out.
It's pretty big, and is full of buds that will be set to open in the spring.  I wanted to wait till after it finished blooming, but I know that wont be until early June and that's too long to wait.  We took our chances and got her out and into the wheelbarrow.  I do hope the shock won't make the buds drop. 
Next came finding a new home for it and digging a big hole in the front yard to replant it.  Smoke of course was there to help in his own way.  Now we wait to see if the rhodo will go into shock or if it will still bloom.  It may become stressed this year, but hopefully she will come right for next season

No comments: