New Years’s Eve! Wow – 2015 is just one
sleep away and not a day too soon.
Easing out of the food & wine coma of the holiday season will be my
focus, as will kick-starting my 2015 fitness routine. My hopes for 2015? Well: Eat
Right; Get Rid of Old Stuff; Get Out Of Debt; Get Outside and Move More; GET
FIT!
I have never been much on New Year’s Eve. This has made
it difficult for me to understand the extreme gloom brought on in some of my
friends by a lack of new year’s eve plans. I truly cannot remember the last
time I went out on a new year’s eve.
Chris would like to go out much more than me, and last year he went to
his sister’s, while I stayed home for a self-imposed spa night. There just
seems to be such inflated expectations put upon us all to actually have plans
for the evening in question. Personally,
I find it hard to stay up that late.
No, New Year’s Eve is more likely to find me scrubbing my
refrigerator shelves or rearranging my sock drawers, or sifting through closets
or papers to purge what doesn’t need to be carried into the new year. Somehow, the impending new year always
inspires a knee-jerk urge to organize or clean, or take stock of my life.
This year however, we are going for a new years eve dinner
at our friends just down the road, and we are both looking forward to it. Will I make it to midnight? Hard to say.
I will though, be thinking of everyone and wishing you all a happy 2015.
Thanks for visiting my blog during 2014, and I’m looking forward to sharing more posts
with you in the new year. I am ending with one of my favorite photos of our home, taken in 2008 - the big snowfall year. I always dream of another winter like that one.
No comments:
Post a Comment