Sunday, March 7, 2010

How Much Can be Accomplished in One Day?

Still Saturday March 6th. Sunshine always gives me energy. While Chris was installing a fan ventilation system in his workshop, and after I took my garden photos, I finished off the powerwashing on the patio.. then cleaned all the windows, removed the screens and cleaned them as well. Also got the water fountain on the patio emptied and cleaned and refilled and ready to go. Noticed the Christmas lights were still up, so got the ladders and took down all the Christmas lights. That was a biggie for me since I don't like being up high on the ladder. Next I got the tree pruner with extension, and topped the alders in the front yard for maximum sun exposure this spring/summer. Cut all the branches in half and took them out the back. I next took photos of a strange bunch on larvae in the pond, that I am trying to get identified. Sent pictures to Eric the Bug Guy, so hopefully he can help me on this one http://bugeric.blogspot.com/. I then gathered large rocks to make a new bonfire pit. The old one you will remember is about to become a centre-piece garden in our roundabout driveway. Once the fire pit was made I got it going to burn the alder branches etc.. Chris watch the Toronto Maple Leafs win a game, and I enjoy some wine out by the fire.

No comments: