Thursday, January 7, 2010

Julia Child I am NOT !

Well... yes I did watch the Julia/Julie movie the other night, and yes my good friends Patti & Jim did decide to make beuf bourguignon (and sent me lovely photos), so I figures I would try Julia's recipe myself. Bad idea.... it took more time for me to figure out how to brown-braise the pearl onions, (not to mention take the skin off those darn little things)... than it did to get everything else organized. It took over 3 hours, but in the end, Chris and I agreed that it really was tastey... but, that it really was just fancy beef stew. I think Chris's regular stove top beef stew is just as nice. I have now done all my recipe cooking for this year. Julia Child I am not, nor do i aspire to. Can't wait for spring to do what I really love: Garden!.

No comments: