Tuesday, November 19, 2019

Of Wood and Stoves

Can't fathom heating your home with logs? Trust me, a wood stove is a many splendored thing.  Our rancher home comes with radiant floor heating which we have never really figured out in the 12 years we've been here, so we don't bother.  Why would we? - We have a dandy wood stove that is so efficient it can heat the whole house!  
It all starts with getting firewood and stacking it in our 2 wood storage sheds.  My job of course.
 
This year, it was clear we needed to replace the firebricks and baffles in the wood stove as the bricks were breaking down to dust.  My job!  It was fun trying to fit the bricks in so they would all fit.  When I got to the baffle bricks on the inside top, I was stumped.  No matter how I tried I couldn't get them in.  Thank goodness for YouTube - I found a baffle installation video.  

Voila !


No comments: