My friend Katie from Sidney, Australia emailed last month that she and her partner Adrian were flying into Vancouver to do the Rocky Mountain Rail trip and then go on to Quebec, Ontario and New York. They would only be in Vancouver a couple of days before the Rail tour started so I was able to entice them to Bowen Island for a visit. They were walk-on ferry passengers and I picked them up on the dock.
As a way to welcome out-of-country visitors, it's my tradition to always fly the flag of their home country. I had the Aussie flag at the foot of our driveway.
I stayed with Katie, the niece of one of my cousin's wife, on two separate occasions when on different Aussie holidays, but I had never met Adrian. He's a perfect match for Katie and he and Chris got on and shared a beer at the man cave.
We had a full day, went for a forest walk around fairy fen, and then went down to our beach for an adult beverage. Chris has sore feet so did not join us. (I don't know how to reverse the boomerang effect I put on this photo).. 😎



No comments:
Post a Comment