Monday, December 31, 2018

Another Christmas Past


Well 2018 Christmas has come and gone, as have the other 60 that I have celebrated in my life time. A lot has changed from last year at this time.   This year it was a quiet few days, me recovering from a cold and Chris mid-cycle of his 3rd Chemo round.   Christmas eve was just the two of us eating rib bones, and Christmas day we went for a wonderful turkey dinner at our friends Bob and Susan.  I enjoyed eating too much!  Boxing day was again a quiet day and we watched Netflix and I had a couple of good hikes with Ajax.   As I sat on Boxing day morning, I had some thoughts.
I like celebrating Christmas, but I think it has drifted to far from what it was intended to be. The most important thing about Christmas is remembering the gift of life the Jesus made available to all who are willing to open their eyes and see.  Christmas is not as much about opening presents as opening our hearts; and when you do, the magic of Christmas never ends.
Yes it is indeed possible to make everyday like Christmas!
 






No comments: