Tuesday, November 13, 2018

Employment and Back to Work!

 
Yes I managed to land a new job at the beginning of September at our local organic grocery store.  The Ruddy Potato is a small company with roughly 50 employees spread across an office, the store, a deli, and a kitchen.  I am working in a new role on HR related projects for them and introducing policies, reviewing processes, and most recently implemented a health benefits plan.  It is 20 hours maximum per week which is perfect because it allows me flexibility to get out for a hike with Ajax around 8 am and also get a hike in at the end of the day before dark.  And no ferry commute!   It doesn't pay well like I am used to but I am really enjoying making a difference.  Plus we get 20% of groceries!  Its fun.  I've already talked to the GM about the up coming radiation treatments for Chris which will be everyday for 5 weeks, and I will be able to work from home and pop in after hours if I need to during this time.  It's just what I need to keep me focused.

Image result for I got a job

No comments: