Friday, June 22, 2018

What I've Learned This Week About Ajax

Chris and I went  on a jaunt this week to Vancouver Island and we decided to board Ajax with his breeder who has not seen him since he was 7 weeks old.  Its a wonderful service she provides, especially when your dog is intact.  Well she was very happy to meet him at 20 weeks, and jokingly said she'd buy him back right on the spot!  ha ha.  We then talked about how a dog's overall appearance and structure is an indication of the dog's ability to produce quality purebred puppies.  She really liked Ajax and said he had what it takes to be a champion.  Who would have thought!!  I knew he was handsome, but not in a beauty pageant sort of way (as my friend Kelli said). Well I left him there and on Instagram the next day she posted the following:


Courtney, her handler and trainer happened to be there and apparently Ajax did exactly what she wanted him to do, with not much effort on her part at all.  He was a star!!
I picked Ajax up this morning and boy he was happy to see me.  And boy did Sandy, the breeder try to encourage me to let her show him.  She'd even like to breed him. There is so much involved and I am not sure I have the desire. Ajax is definitely a natural. If they would like to look after everything I might agree, but it requires some thought.  In the meantime, he is just my big goofy, and often muddy, trail dog.





No comments: