Friday, February 2, 2018

Ouch!!



Last week when I was taking Ajax for a walk I slipped on some slimy green moss and fell full frontal onto a fallen log - with my left chest/breast area hitting first.  My iPone 6plus was in my breast pocket and it helped the impact though it cracked the screen protector and probably did more damage because I have a heavy Otter case on it.   

I could not take a breath in, but continued my 45 minute walk.  I’m not a breaky-bone type of person and not a beginner hiker, so this was new.  I couldn’t inhale normally and was thinking I was having a heart attack in the middle of the bush. I knew something was wrong, I was just hoping it wasn’t too bad like a punctured lung or broken breast or something, because then I would have to cut down on my walks.

Luckily by the end of the walk I was breathing better.  Discussing with medical professionals I have likely cracked or bruised a rib.  Doesn’t matter which, the treatment is the same:  Nothing.    They don’t even bother to xray anymore.  It will just heal on its own.  Coughing and sniffing is still painful, but regular breathing has settled down, and I can roll over in bed again. 
 Image result for ouch broke my rib

No comments: