Well here we are, suddenly, in 2018! Cheers to a new year and another chance to get it right! 👏
For those of us lucky to have jobs and an income, our
holidays promise time for friends and family, time for a
return to nature, time for picking up the hobbies and
passions that get squeezed out of daily living, and in my case also daily commuting. Hours, no
longer allocated to an endless flow of traffic, ferry lineups, or futile meetings at the office, are
suddenly full of minutes. There is time to escape from the daily prisons that capture your life.
This year, post holiday season, I am starting off out of prison. I am on a medical leave from work until the end of February. The daily tolls and pressures of life, of the job, of the commute, of the darkness of winter, have taken their toll on my well being. My blood pressure is up, my weight out of control, and I don't sleep more than 5 hours a night. My doctor says enough, you have to fix this or you'll be dead, and you can't fix this without changing your routine right now!
So that's how I am starting my new year - changing my routine: returning to nature, picking up hobbies, and reclaiming passions that have gone by the wayside; all in the hopes of restoring my health. Yes, I am experimenting with meds to help me sleep and to energize me. It's helping. The past 2 years are a blurr like a dense fog. 2018 is the year I reclaim my life. I have chosen to make the rest of my life the best of my life!
The past is in my head, the future is in my hands!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment