Sunday, November 12, 2017

Is There Life after 60?



There are times in our lives when we are dumb founded! Turning 60 is one of those. The number itself is numbing, without much wriggle room to hang onto middle age.  

You can say 60 is the new 30, but no matter how we try, our bodies have been working for 60 years.  My childhood has become “the olden days”.  I used to think 60 was old. I don’t feel old; though I think I'm looking it.  A friend snapped this photo of Chris and I.  I didn't recognize myself.  I looked like some mature old lady!    Who's that old broad, I said to Chris.
 I’m 60.  How did this happen?  I know it’s just a number, I just felt it was always a number in the distant future. 60. I know it is only a number but it has great importance. It’s as though I’ve crossed over a bridge,   - the one that leads to seniors discounts and retirements.  But these are positives aren’t they?

So yes, I turned 60 this weekend, and I think I am finally in a good space.  I’m hiking and walking and I have lost 10 pounds – all steps in the right direction.   If I can just keep this up someone might marvel at me one day and be surprised that I am in my 60’s!  Happy birthday to me!
 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hey, remember, you are only as old as you feel!! Brandon always tells me I am 'so cute'.... 'you know why, Grammy?? It is your Wrinkles!! They are soooo cute!!" LOL gotta love it. I told him it is from smiling so much all these years. And always remember, I do have an extra 9 years of 'smiles' over you!! So welcome to this next milestone in life. With age comes wisdom, not necessarily Maturity!! As long as you are still doing everything you love to do, who cares what age the calendar says you are, right???? Happy NEW ERA!! 'Love ya, your Sis, who is so much older and wiser, hahahahahaha