Jax, short for "Ajax", is our new puppy. He was born on July 28th, 2016 and he moved into our home on September 19th, 2016, just shy of 8 weeks old. He is a German Shepherd, and while he will never replace our Jake, nor will we compare him to Jake, he has sure brought some life to our home.
He has been with us for 4 nights and 5 days so far, and he is amazingly smart for his puppy age. He has yet to have an "accident" in the house, no pees, and no poohs! Can you believe it? And he sleeps through the night; well from about 10pm to 5:30am. That's pretty darn good.
On day two, all by himself, he figured out how to go through the doggie door.
It was a little difficult because he was not quite able to get his belly over the edge, but he managed to flop himself out, and seemed quite pleased with himself.
On day one, Chris wanted to put Jake's old bed out for him, and I said it was just too big right now. Well he did, and within minutes Jax claimed it. Now he practically lives on it and takes all his toys there as well.
I don't know what kind of a dog he will turn out to be, but if he is as happy and bold as he is now, then I think he will be a great addition to the family!! Ours, and Bowen! Oh, I should mention that Smoke and Gypsy are not impressed as all!! I hope they will come around soon without any scratches to Jax. Stay tuned!!

No comments:
Post a Comment