Whenever I feel old, I count my lucky stars
that I’m still here to continue growing up!
Granted, I sometimes forget this when I wake up or go to bed with aches and pains, or see weight gain in all the wrong spots, or feel a total lack of energy!
I saw a bumper sticker the other day that said: Do not regret growing older. It's a
privilege denied to many". I never thought of it this way. I kept wishing I
wouldn't grow up and when I read that, I not only got a new perspective, I
realized that we are constantly growing up.
There is never a point when we can say we are totally and completely all grown up!
This year’s birthday
came and went on November 10th.
Spent with friends Bob and Susan, we shared a special Nanaimo Bar – or should I say “Bowen
Bar”!
But seriously now, I
cannot believe I will turn 60 in roughly 22 months. The countdown is on!! It is just really weird because I feel no
different than 30. Where did those last 30 years go? I almost can't wait. I never did celebrate my 50th - too many excuses like, I am not in a good head space to celebrate, or I need to loose weight first, or I will do it at 55. Too many excuses. I have time now to create a vision and a plan for 60! woo hoo!!!

No comments:
Post a Comment