Monday, April 6, 2015

Another Garden Project

We have a garden of sorts on the west side of the patio.  For 7 years I have tried to figure out what I want this garden to be, and each year I dig things up and move things around and am never happy.  This year, I thought lattice and vines might work so Chris constructed the lattice for me. I started to paint it the colour of the house, which looked dreadful as you can see below. 
I repainted it and am much happier with the colour now.  The plan is to hang bead curtains on the archway between the lattice and the house to create another room entrance.
 Today we worked on the bed together -- with Chris adding landscape ties on either side to close it in, and me doing more plantings and covering the soil with mulch to keep the weeds down.   We now have an evergreen clematis and plain clematis starting their climb up the lattice.  I've picked butterfly / bee attracting plants and am clustering them  to create an English country garden look.

Gypsy, as you can see below, has found her new favorite spot in this garden which she thinks has been built just for her.
 I've also added a birdbath and a few statues.  Another couple of days and I think it might be done.

No comments: