Thursday, August 28, 2014

Blind but Brave

This lovely doe lives up the top of our road and has two twin fawns. I see her and the twins every day on my way to work. The other day, Chris and I were coming back from the Cove and there she was on the side of the road. Her twins were across the road grazing, but she was just hanging out watching the odd car go by. I asked Chris to stop and I rolled the window down. She turned and looked right into the car window and I realized she was blind in one eye. I snapped this shot, and thought how fitting it was to have a blind doe close by. Here I am with Chris and his funny eye after surgery and Gypsy my kitty with one green eye and one brown eye now. Just seemed ok.

No comments: