Thursday, July 10, 2014

Well Where Did Spring Go?

It came and went while I was busy playing "Tadpole" mom! It is amazing what can eat up your time. I have been taking photos regularly but have not had time to post to the blog. When I pause to think about the garden this spring, and even the garden now as summer unravels, I really think there is a private side to all gardens. We can truly reveal ourselves in ways that are often not apparent in our day to day lives and interactions. Something worth pondering for sure; but that will be another post. This one is about what's growing this year. As far as edibles go, its a poor season for peas and spinach and tomatoes, but a great season for squash, leeks, garlic, beets and raspberries. Best of all are the fruits though. All 4 of our apple trees are producing nicely, like this Liberty:
The fig tree has a fig this year!! only one but its a start, eh! Can you spot it?
And the prune plum tree is absolutey loaded this year!
The ever joyful flowers are in abundance:
LUPIN
Bachelor Buttons
Mr Tiki Man (photo-hog)
My first year growing hostas!

No comments: