I've always loved wildflowers. Dolly Parton's song called "Wildflowers", has a line that goes like this - ..WILD FLOWERS DON'T CARE WHERE THEY GROW... (I have a link to the song on this blog - so have a listen). I've always thought of myself as a wild flower; I'll put my roots anywhere. This blog is mostly about my "wild" garden, our pond, the birds and insects that visit, it`s about our animals, and our home projects.
Sunday, April 20, 2014
Taddies are Hatching
From frog spawn to tadpoles - the process begins. We collected 4 containers of spawn, but so far only 3 have fully hatched out. The fourth is in a shadier area so we figure the cooler spot slows the hatch. I am sure it will be any day now for the rest to hatch out as they are getting pretty big inside the egg sacs.
Truthfully, I have more than I expected and will likely either have to get another container or 2, or release some back to the pond sooner than I want.
I am starting to boil up lettuce to keep in ice-cube trays so that we can feed them a cube a day once they stop eating their jelly egg sac. Right now they don;t do much except hand onto the side of the container or on the floor. It's out first experience raising tadpoles to release back, so we look forward to their little legs growing. One day they will look like this reg-legged frog.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment