I've always loved wildflowers. Dolly Parton's song called "Wildflowers", has a line that goes like this - ..WILD FLOWERS DON'T CARE WHERE THEY GROW... (I have a link to the song on this blog - so have a listen). I've always thought of myself as a wild flower; I'll put my roots anywhere. This blog is mostly about my "wild" garden, our pond, the birds and insects that visit, it`s about our animals, and our home projects.
Sunday, February 23, 2014
Winter Wonderland
Snow has been continuing overnight all over Bowen, and I imagine the west coast. It's beautiful. As I write, it looks like we are up to about 6 inches for sure. Our first real snowfall this winter. Yipee, I am so glad it came on the weekend! Our satellite dish is packed with snow so we have no signal, which means no TV. This is not a biggie for either of us, except it meant we missed watching the Canada/Sweden hockey game early this morning which was being played for the Olympic gold medal. Canada won, so that's the most important. Jake and I were up and about early this morning playing in the snow, and walking in the forests. They trees are dense, and the paths somewhat protected from the snowfall, yet they look so pretty with a dusting of white.
Jake loves to pose at all the right photo-op moments, like this one, when we were walking through the trail.
As for the roads, they are not too bad. The snow plow has been up a couple times so it is drivable with good tires and caution. We have one very steep hill to get up between our house and the main road, so Chris has just taken the Rav to check it out.
I love today!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment