I've always loved wildflowers. Dolly Parton's song called "Wildflowers", has a line that goes like this - ..WILD FLOWERS DON'T CARE WHERE THEY GROW... (I have a link to the song on this blog - so have a listen). I've always thought of myself as a wild flower; I'll put my roots anywhere. This blog is mostly about my "wild" garden, our pond, the birds and insects that visit, it`s about our animals, and our home projects.
Monday, May 9, 2011
The Journey Home
I must say that the flight home was somewhat better than the flight to the UK. We left Eve's early in the morning to catch the 6:55am underground tube to Heathrow, and arrived at the terminal about 8:30am in time for check in.
Fortunately we bought good sandwiches at the airport to take on the plane, as the food was disaster. We thought wine would be more appropriate.
I managed to while away the 9 hours watching the flight path on the screen in front of me.
Chris napped.
As we flew over Greenland the hostesses came around again.
So we each had a Heinecken.
We did finally arrive in Vancouver,no worse for the wear, other than very tired. We stayed up for 28 hours before having our first sleep back home. All in all it was a great trip for such a short time.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment