Sunday, March 27, 2011

In and Around the Pond

March 27th may seem a bit early to be wading around in a pond, but today I decided to clean up the dead pond plants. My friend Elisabeth lent me her leaky hip-waders and I ventured into the icy pond to clean out last years dead water plants. It was indeed cold, and once I was into the pond over my knees, the water started to leak into to waders. It was cold and sloshy but I did get the job done. It was worth the wet and cold. I climbed out of the pond and changed to dryer clothes, and then I taackeld the pond banks cleaning out all the dead plants and grasses from last year and raked and tidied everything to be ready for the season. I even managed to get the water fountain going, but the water is still to deep to get the proper water effect from the fountain. It is basically bubbling. After 5 hours, I retired to a hot bath and a glass of red wine.

No comments: