I've always loved wildflowers. Dolly Parton's song called "Wildflowers", has a line that goes like this - ..WILD FLOWERS DON'T CARE WHERE THEY GROW... (I have a link to the song on this blog - so have a listen). I've always thought of myself as a wild flower; I'll put my roots anywhere. This blog is mostly about my "wild" garden, our pond, the birds and insects that visit, it`s about our animals, and our home projects.
Wednesday, January 5, 2011
2011 - Let Go and Live!
Life is full of endless possibilities and if we don't act on them, we stagnate. I started my new year out with a trip to Kelowna to see my very dearest friends Patti and Jim. The snowy road conditions in the mountain passes could have deterred me, but hey, there is joy in every adventure and I had a safe and awesome road trip and a great new year visit with friends of the heart. Between bubbly wine, prawns, ravioli, chicken cacciatori, broccoli soup and beef wellinton, (no not all at one sitting) we ate and laughed and shared. Patti and I shopped as well, got some good boxing day bargains, I got a hair cut, painted my toes, and threw away some old baggage. I have been the frantic woman running around with her head cut off, and this little get-away gave me the chance to choose the opportunity to let go of the chaos in my life and embrace today. Next week will still come and deadlines will fly by, and meetings and appointments will come and go, but by tomorrow, today will be gone. So here's to 2011, letting go, and living!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment