I've always loved wildflowers. Dolly Parton's song called "Wildflowers", has a line that goes like this - ..WILD FLOWERS DON'T CARE WHERE THEY GROW... (I have a link to the song on this blog - so have a listen). I've always thought of myself as a wild flower; I'll put my roots anywhere. This blog is mostly about my "wild" garden, our pond, the birds and insects that visit, it`s about our animals, and our home projects.
Monday, August 23, 2010
Globe Thistle
I am so happy with my Globe Thistle this year! I bought a couple of tiny plants in 2008 and they did nothing, and last year (2009) they grew, but there were no flowers. This year I seem to have 4 plants that are full of these beautiful blue blooms and the bees absolutely love them. I can't believe how very very tall they are. In some ways they resemble a flowering thistle, in that it is burr-shaped, but the flowers are a metalic blue instead of mauve/purple. Love them and love these bees. Click to enlarge the photos to see the bees better.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment