Thursday, February 11, 2010

Croutons !

As you have probably guessed by now, I am not the best cook! In fact, if I had my druthers I would never cook again. I would only be "cooked for". I have tried the Julia recipes, and yes, I can pull them off.. but I really don't "ENJOY" it. I really want to, but it always seems like too much work. The truth is, it's the eating part that I enjoy, not the preparations. That said, I think I have mastered the art of making "croutons". Oh yeah! Chris buys a loaf of Terra French bread every day. When I get home from work, there is always a small piece left, so I cut it up and make croutons in the evening. Perfect amount! Olive oil and Hy's seasoning is all it takes. Like I said, I think I have perfected them: the right amount of time, the right temperature, and the right amount of oil and seasoning. This is one thing I think I can do right, and I enjoy doing it almost as much as I enjoy eating it. Home made croutons make a great and healthy snack (as opposed to chips or whatnot). This pictures is tonight's batch. It's almost gone. Try it - you will find a new snack you can't resist!

No comments: