Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Cats and Dog

I was out back last night snipping off my fox glove blooms which are done for the season. (I managed to harvest a million seeds to sow for next year up the back near the pond). All 3 of the critters came to hang out. Gypsy found a warm spot on a round of fir, Smoke on the newspaper I was using to collect the seeds, and Jake just took the spot with the best view. It was a peaceful evening the crickets were out, (Gyps had one for desert) the frogs were croaking and the odd Rufus hummer was still flying around. I filled a wheel barrow with my clippings so it was a productive evening. Summer seems to be winding down, although it is still warm. My garden is mostly done for the year, except for the late summer and fall bloomers that are starting to bud. Even though we have another month of summer left, when you watch the cycles in your garden you see the season from a different perspective.

No comments: